By Theodore G. Van Raalte
1. advent, through Dr. Theodore Van Raalte
2. Eschatology: The Letter and the Spirit in moment Corinthians 3:6–18, through Dr. Lane Tipton
3. discovering Eschatology within the outdated testomony: The Psalms as working example, Dr. Jannes Smith
4. operating Politically and Socially in Anticipation of Christ’s Coming, by means of Dr. Cornelis Van Dam
5. In among and Intermediate: residing in Heaven’s Glory, by means of Dr. Theodore Van Raalte
6. Is Hell out of date? where of everlasting Punishment in Preaching at the present time, through Dr. Jason Van Vliet
7. do we fairly continue to exist a brand new Earth?, through Dr. Gerhard Visscher
8. until eventually He Comes: Eschatological facets of Reformed Worship, via Dr. Arjan de Visser.
"This quantity is an exegetically devoted, theologically sound, and virtually appropriate sequence of essays, written from a redemptive-historical Reformed point of view, on what Scripture teaches approximately 'the final things.' students, ministers, and all considerate Christians who wish to reside on the earth yet no longer of the area will locate it edifying, illuminating, and accessible."
--John W. Cooper, Professor of Philosophical Theology, Calvin Theological Seminary
Theodore G. Van Raalte is Professor of Ecclesiology on the Canadian Reformed Theological Seminary in Hamilton, Ontario. he's the coauthor (with Jason Zuidema) of Early French Reform (2011) and the writer of varied essays and articles.
Read or Download As You See the Day Approaching: Reformed Perspectives on the Last Things PDF
Similar christian theology books
A number of views exist in the Christian group by way of political matters and political involvement. This accomplished and readable publication provides a political philosophy from the point of view that the Gospel relates to all of existence so Christians might be concerned with political concerns.
"Authentic Stewardship" isn't really a standard Christian stewardship ebook, explaining funds administration strategies or describing how one can bring up giving in your church. it truly is an exam of the Christian existence and gives an outline of biblical stewardship. you're stunned to find what the Bible really says approximately stewardship.
"Like books, humans can develop into 'classics. ' nice of their day, yet richer and extra enjoyable with time. now not but a vintage, Vos’s never-before-published Reformed Dogmatics is extra like a misplaced Shakespeare play lately stumbled on. "--Michael HortonUntil lately, Reformed Dogmatics was once in simple terms to be had in its unique Dutch.
The twenty third Psalm is likely to be the main cherished of Christians all over. usually memorized in one's early life, it offers a continuing reminder and coverage of Christ the nice Shepherd that remains with one all through lifestyles, or even unto the top, while outdated age and disorder have driven out all different thoughts.
- Can You Believe It's True?: Christian Apologetics in a Modern and Postmodern Era
- Beyond Our Lights and Shadows: Charism and Institution in the Church
- Being in Action: The Theological Shape of Barth's Ethical Vision
- Talking Doctrine: Mormons and Evangelicals in Conversation
- The Triune God
Extra resources for As You See the Day Approaching: Reformed Perspectives on the Last Things
As You See the Day Approaching: Reformed Perspectives on the Last Things by Theodore G. Van Raalte